Render4you Redshift Render Farm has rolled out an update, bringing its Redshift version up to 3.5.22.
Please be aware that all tasks utilizing Redshift release 3.5 will now be using version 3.5.22. If you require a different version for your specific needs, we are happy to provide you with a custom version.
Earlier versions will be processed using Redshift versions 2.6.56 and 3.0.67, respectively.
Redshift 3.5.22 Release Notes
- Substance Integration: Redshift now supports Substance materials in C4D through a new Substance node. This allows you to easily integrate Substance textures and procedurals into your Redshift renderer.
- Performance Improvements: Scene extraction and material update performance have been improved in both C4D and Maya. IPR performance has also been enhanced in Houdini and Hydra.
- Bug Fixes: Numerous bugs have been fixed across all DCC plugins, including issues with subsurface scattering, curvature, and texture streaming.
- RT Improvements: Redshift's RT renderer has been further enhanced with the addition of DLSS, preview rendering, texture compression, and streaming.
Full Release Notes
- Substance Integration: Substance materials can now be added to C4D materials via drag-and-drop in the material manager or in the Nodes editor.
- Scene Extraction and Material Update Performance: Scene extraction and material update performance have been improved.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug where a material with procedural projections did not render correctly with RT.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug where changing Post-Effect parameters in the native RS Camera would trigger IPR refreshes.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug where changing the viewport used during Viewport IPR, would lead to inconsistent Post-Effect settings being applied.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug where the Viewport IPR would refresh constantly in certain scenes with procedural splines, tracers, or the symmetry object.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug that could result in a crash when attempting to render and no license is available.
- Bug Fixes: Fixed a bug in 3ds Max Color Correction shader that produced incorrect saturation adjustments.
- New Render Option: Added new render option: System > Legacy > 3ds Max Color Correction Saturation Behavior.
- New Feature: Added support for RS Color Correct shader.
- Supported Houdini Versions: Added support for Houdini 19.5.773, 19.5.805, and 20.0.506.
- Supported Houdini Versions: Dropped support for Houdini 17.5.460, 19.5.682, and 19.716.
- UV Map Support: Added support for UV maps with two components only.
- IPR Performance Improvements: Improved IPR fps performance when the "Export View Continuously" option is enabled.
- GUI and IPR Performance Improvements: Improved GUI and IPR performance in the HDA and subnets exposed material parameters.
- Viewport IPR GUI Improvements: Improved Viewport IPR GUI.
- Supported Hydra Versions: Added support for Solaris 19.5.773, 19.5.805, and 20.0.506.
- Supported Hydra Versions: Dropped support for Solaris 19.5.682 and 19.5.716.
- Environment Variable for Viewport Picking: Added support for environment variable REDSHIFT_ENABLE_SOLARIS_PICKING to disable the viewport picking feature.
- Trace Depth Options in Solaris Viewport Settings: Trace depth options are now exposed in the Solaris viewport settings.
- Addressed AOVs Secondary Ray Visibility Issue: Addressed the missing options in the AOVs secondary ray visibility parameter.
- Addressed BlockSize and SubsurfaceScatteringRate Issues: Addressed a problem with several render settings, like BlockSize or SubsurfaceScatteringRate.
- Solaris Edit Material LOP Improvements: Addressed a problem in the Solaris Edit Material LOP while importing RS OSL nodes.
- Instances Velocity Motion Blur Fixes: Fixed a bug that could cause a problem in the instances velocity motion blur if multiple prototypes are selected.
- "Affected By Refraction" Light Param Default Value Fixes: Fixed a bug that could cause a problem with the "Affected By Refraction" light param default value.
- Black Viewport Render in Solaris 20.0 Fixes: Fixed a bug that could cause black viewport render in Solaris 20.0.
- Solaris Default Light Intensity Fixes: Fixed a bug in the Solaris 20.0 default light intensity.
- USD Version Support: Added support for USD 23.08.