Render4you Redshift Render Farm has rolled out an update, bringing its Redshift version up to 3.0.50.
Please be aware that all tasks utilizing Redshift release 3 will now be using version 3.0.50. If you require a different version for your specific needs, we are happy to provide you with a custom version.
For Redshift 2 the latest release version 2.6.56 is used.
Summary of the updates
- Legacy scene upgrading now occurs after Maya loads its color management settings from the scene file.
- Legacy OCIO scenes with an empty "clrMgmtDisplayMode" attribute no longer reset the color management settings.
- Handling undeleting nodes with inherited invisibility correctly.
- Exporting MASH instancers now properly handles dependent proxy mesh nodes.
- Mesh instances using the same mesh shape as a light mesh (automatically non-visible) are now handled correctly.
- Added support for the "Enable legacy black body and dispersion technique" option.
- Correct handling of old legacy render layers.
- Fixed issues with intervening nodes between a proxy node and its placeholder mesh node.
- Cached particle instancing now renders correctly.
- Proper identification of referenced scenes and corresponding creation of OSL shader nodes.
- Fixed visibility issues with specific instances and MASH instancers along with their associated instance/template meshes.
For 3ds Max:
- Utilizing GPU rendering of PostFX when outputting to a file.
- Resolving crashes and corrupt previews when enabling viewport preview for RS Bitmap.
- Fixes in the Redshift Color Picker, including behavior when pressing Cancel or Close and changes not getting pushed onto the Undo stack.
- Correct application of default color management settings at startup.
- Handling the Use OCIO File Rules setting correctly.
- Applying color management for PostFX and RV when disabled, unless Apply to File Output is also disabled.
- Ensuring that custom gamma associated with input color space is not disabled when using Auto color space.
For Cinema 4D (C4D):
- Addressing a crash when disabling a Sun light connected to a Sky object.
- Added support for Houdini 18.5.633 and dropped support for 18.5.532.
- Added support for photographic exposure, postfx, and color correction to render maps baking.
- Fixed sync problems between the RenderView and camera nodes' OCIO parameters.
- Addressed the computation of normals for strands objects when the N attribute is not available in the curves.
- Added support for Solaris 18.5.633 and dropped support for 18.5.532.
- Added support for focal length motion blur.
- Added support for visibility and matte flags at the instance level.
- Fixed a crash related to viewports denoising.
- Fixed a crash related to instances primvars extraction.
- Updated the instance arrays feature to support multiple shapes from a single location group.
- Addressed issues while instancing non-group parent types like "representation."
- Fixed an issue where multi-part EXRs would not load AOVs correctly.
For Command Line (CL):
- Fixed a bug in redshiftCmdLine where selected compute devices from preferences.xml were not properly honored.
For Metal (macOS):
- Added a workaround for rare Metal SSS-related asserts.
General (All Supported Software):
- Fixed a bug that could cause random GPU crashes when rendering shader balls with the OptiX denoiser enabled.
- Fixed a bug that could make the OCIO display/view transform compute incorrect colors with high-intensity colors.
- Fixed a bug that could make mesh lights produce noisy results on surfaces.
- Fixed a bug that would knock out mesh light single scattering when GI is enabled.
- Added a new legacy global option for black body and dispersion techniques.
- Ensured that dispersion wavelength colors and IOR are physically correct.
- Corrected black body color (light temperature) to be physically correct.
- Fixed various bugs related to dispersion and dispersion caustics, such as incorrect nested dielectrics and 'pink' color distortion.
- Fixed a bug that could result in incorrect internal shadows for thin-walled objects.